Kinect Star Wars Suggestions
Kinect Star Wars was just released for the XBox360, and has drawn quite a bit of attention. Not all of it was good, as there was quite a bit of negative buzz yesterday for the Han Solo ‘dance party’ song “I’m Han Solo”. Complete with dancing Han rising up out of the carbonite chamber. A certain portion of gamers showed a bit of interest in slave bikini Leia dancing, however. There are other mini-games as well as the full game with a story. However, I think they’ve missed out on some great ideas for additional content here. With that in mind, here are my suggestions for Kinect Star Wars 2:
- Lando’s Mining Empire – If you’ve played any of the huge number of business management games, you know what this is about. Help Lando by mining Tibanna gas and other minerals, placing them in the refinery, and then delivering them to your customers. But watch out! Darth Vader might alter your deal at any time! Pray he doesn’t alter it any further!
- Jar-Jar’s Hip-Hop Pose-off – Everyone’s favorite Gungan is here to challenge you to a pose-off! Bet you didn’t know Gungans invented hip-hop music in a galaxy far, far away! Match his movements, or he will somehow trip over his own ears and kill an entire regiment of troops. Not at ALL racially insensitive!
- Slice the Sith – Sith Lords jump at you – cut them up! But watch out for Palpatine, he’ll fry you with Force lightning! I hope your father can save you. Sure would be nice if your astromech droid had warned you that could happen.
- Droid Jet Jump – Speaking of Artoo, fly him through several side-scrolling adventures, where it becomes clear how much easier things would’ve been if only the droid remembered he could fly throughout the original trilogy.
- It’s a Trap! – Uh-oh! That things operational! Better help Admiral Ackbar guide his Star Cruisers in close to the Imperial Fleet, but dodge the traps! Sure could use an eight year old blundering his way through the entire enemy fleet and defeating them by accident. Haha, that never happens though!
I’m just going to sit over here and wait for Lucasarts to contact me. I’m a born game developer!