The holiday lull is over, I’ve actually got a few posts to put in here, woohoo!
- The Three Christmas Movies – Pretty much only three, minus a few classics that don’t fit.
- Movie Review – The Adventures of Tintin – A very good animated adventure.
- Old Game Tuesday – Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast – One of the best Star Wars games ever.
And now, the links:
The Diamond Weevil (doesn’t THAT sound like a really lame Clan in the MechWarrior universe) looks really cool, for, you know, a weevil.
Circuits that can self-heal when cracked with liquid metal. We truly live in the future.
The Commodore 64 turns 30, I loved this machine and spent so many of my young life hacking at programming, playing early Microprose games, and it’s been a system I’ve revisited via emulation ever since.
The BBC’s list of 100 things we didn’t know last year. Somewhat lame this year, but there are a few good ones. My highlights:
2. Bald people grow the wrong type of hair – so fine it’s invisible to the naked eye.
Riiiight, Dad, just keep telling yourself that.
29. Dogs watch hownice people are to others to work out whom to approach to beg for food. More details (Daily Mail)
Cats, of course, simply smother that person in their sleep and take the food.
43. The odds ofscoring two hole-in-ones in the same round of golf are 67 million-to-one. More details
The odds of a hack golfer claiming to have done it (or seen it done) are two to one.
97. Alcohol tastes sweeter when loud music is playing.
More details (Daily Mail)
Maybe that’s why I don’t like most booze, the music isn’t loud enough.
This is really cool – a ‘Lost World’ discovered under an Antarctic shelf.
And finally, the dead Firefly video game could see new life. They have the code, but they need permisstion to play in the ‘verse.
Wait, one more thing: 22.214.171.124:28070 is my Jedi Knight II server. Had to patch it up to 1.04 due to crashes on Vista. BRING IT.