The BBC News site has a list of 100 things we didn’t know last year. Here are some of my favorites:
5. Cloudy apple juice is healthier than clear, containing almost double the antioxidants which protect against heart disease and cancer.
Hmm, exactly the opposite of urine.
17. Two cups of spearmint tea a day is thought to control excessive hair growth for women.
This will not stop your wife from obsessing over every hair in front of a super-magnified mirror, though.
30. Serving anything more than tea and biscuits at a political meeting is an offence called “treating” and punishable by a year in prison or an unlimited fine, under the the Representation of the People Act 1893.
I knew food in the UK was bad but come on!
32. Anti-Americanism began in Paris in the 18th Century.
Shocking, just shocking.
78. A bdelloid rotifer is a pond-dwelling organism that has survived 80 million years without sex.
You wouldn’t get any action with a name like that, either.
90. Chickens can be diagnosed with depression.
Not mentioned is whether or not Prozac makes them tastier.
96. Bees can detect explosives.
This one’s for you, ScottR.